Sustainability is at the forefront of what we do at Woodies, which is why we partner with TreeApp to plant trees. Every 3 woodies sold = 1 tree planted.
We do not use single use plastics in producing or sending our Woodies.
We are a small business and will continue to support other like-minded small businesses. Reach out to us if you want to collaborate.
Trees are planted with local communities at critical sites all over the world. The trees we plant together with Treeapp are planted across a number of sites such as Peru, Haiti, Guinea, Kenya, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Burundi, Tanzania, Madagascar, Nepal, Indonesia. They currently have 132 projects in 14 countries.
Choosing to plant with TreeApp means that you are also helping to create jobs in local communities that need it the most and are helping to reduce the carbon footprint of postage and production of your Woodie. TreeApp will never own the land that the trees are planted on. Customers in the UK and Ireland can also download TreeApp to plant more trees!
Woodies Tree Tally
As at March 2022:
283 trees planted
566 m² of land reforested
Why is 'normal' gift wrap a problem?
Here is the list:
- Single use plastic packaging,
- Plastic paper coatings,
- Trace metals (gold and silver trims look pretty but exclude paper from recycling),
- Petroleum based inks,
- Non recycled (virgin) paper,
- Sticky tape (some sticky tape can be left on paper and still be recycled, but this varies from country to country, and not all tapes are equal. It is best to remove any tape completely before recycling or use gummed paper tape instead).
- Low cellulose content paper (thin wrapping paper). This stuff has a high ink to paper ratio and is not worth recycling.
Holiday waste. The ugly truth.
In Australia more than 150,000km wrapping paper is used on Christmas day
Australians increase waste by 30% between Christmas and New Year
If Australia can wrap the globe 4 times on one day, just imagine the global total....... yikes!